Thursday, November 24, 2005

Snippets

I seem to have a lot of free time or atleast seem to be giving people the impression that i do. I spend all my free time productively ofcourse! I read other people's blogs! For a long time, i could not understand why people would reveal their most private thoughts and feelings to the entire world(it is afterall the world wide web!). Perhaps it is no different from what they say about it being easy to talk to strangers. Or maybe its easy to be frank and open under the cloak of anonymity. Whatever it is, i made it a point that i would make my blog honest and forthright(all exaggerations are mostly obvious and are strictly for entertainment purposes only!) without revealing too much about me or my life.

But for some strange reason, i have had this irresistible urge to write something that means a lot to me. And thus was born a dilemma. How can i write about something about which i feel strongly and yet not be indiscrete? Well then i decided i would present to the reader, snippets of the last one and half years of my life. More specifically, these snippets will be parts of cerain conversations which have been burned into my memory. Why only the last one and half years, you may ask. For reasons best left unsaid, i have had the most singular experiences only during this time. It is but logical that i decided not to name any of the people involved. I will merely call them characters. Well, that isnt because i love plays or movies and look at my life as one, but simply becuase "character" happens to be what i call people instead of the wide vareity of other colourful words available for appropriate situations. So here goes.

Conversation 1
me: Hoity AS!
char1: Tidley LA!

Conversation 2
char2: I hope you like the gift. Open it and see.
me: (opening the gift) Oh wow! How did you ever know i would like something like this??
char2: Oh i managed to somehow find out!

Conversation 3
char3: You are so pretentious Anusha, i have never met anyone more pretentious. And you dont even have the guts to take a decision and stick to it.
me: Pretentious?? Thats the most unfair thing anyone has ever said to me! I dont want to continue this conversation anymore.
char3: Ah yes, run away from the fight. Thats what you are really good at, being a coward!

Conversation 4
char4: Your blog is very well written! My father thinks so too and wants me to give you the compliment.
me: Thank you. I guess that now, i have no excuse for not writing!

Conversation 5
char5: I am deeply disappointed with you, Anusha. When you said that you had thought about lots of things, i expected you to be able to answer my questions.
me: Well, i HAVE thought about things. If anything, you should be proud of me.
char5: (sarcastic laugh)

Conversation 6
char6: Congrats! I knew you would get it!
me: Oh well, i dont think its such a big deal, its too little and too late.
char6: What are you saying? Its wonderful! I am so proud of you Anusha!

Conversation 7
char7: I want to do something Anu. Let us formulate a strategy.
me: A strategy? Umm, i havent really thought about that.
char7: Dont worry, i shall help. I want to help you Anu, i am quite enthused! Lets come up with a brilliant diabolical plan!

Conversation 8
char8: She is pretty indeed, unfortunately she has a boyfriend.
me: Why should that bother you? Dont you have a girlfriend?
char8: Oh well, cant blame a guy for trying to make alternate plans!

Conversation 9
me: Ok, lets see, what i find most admirable in you is that you are always so amazingly optimistic and cheerful.
char9: I see. Well, what i like about you is your integrity, you have integrity in a way i cannot describe. Most people i meet are pseudo.

Conversation 10
char10: Dont let anyone do that to you Anu. Dont let anyone make you take a guilt trip. Been there done that, so i know.
me: I guess you are right. Thanks so much for being there.

Conversation 11
char11: You have changed after coming here. You have become so selfish.
me: Maybe its you who has changed after coming here. Think about it.

Conversation 12
char12: I wasnt expecting an answer from you. I know already. I just wanted to tell you anyway.
me: (after a long pause)I had a good time. Thank you.

Conversation 13
char13: I cant say that i wont ever have regrets. Yes, there will be times when i will see something and wish that my life had been different. But at the end of the day, i will be grateful for what i have.
me: I believe that when you realize what exactly you want from life, you will be sure that you wont have any regrets ever. Until then, you are merely settling for less than what you want and less than what you deserve.

In hindsight, i realize that this post would probably not mean much to anyone, not even if the characters i have mentioned recongnize that they are the ones being talked about. But chronicling these experiences has been a strangely fulfilling exercise for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amritha R said...

Indeed these conversations though just snippets, all seemed to evoke one feeling or another in me. But then I guess I am a very feeling person.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Krishna Iyengar said...

I don't have words to say after reading this. Somehow Anusha, your words have taken me on an emotional ride.

Beautiful!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Amritha R said...

Havent blogged in a long time???

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home